The cast and crew of “The X Factor” on Wednesday remembered former contestant Thomas Wells, who was found dead in a hotel room in Brooklyn, N.Y., earlier this week.
Wells, a former “X Factor” contestant from the U.K., made it all the way to the semifinals in 2013. His death comes just one month after the 10th anniversary of the competition.
Wells’ family earlier reported his passing to his managers on Sunday, claiming he died of an apparent overdose.
“Although we have lost Thomas, we will always have the music that he left behind,” Caroline Lewis, Wells’ former manager and a judge on the U.K. version of the show, said Wednesday in a statement, reported the Sun. “And we will always be eternally grateful for his amazing talent.”
Wells was one of the show’s top 10 contestants ever and finished in fourth place.
“We’re all in shock. He was such a lovely guy and he had such talent. The loss is tragic,” said Nigel Hall, who took over Wells’ team and mentored him throughout the competition.
“Thomas was such a talented guy, and his loss will be felt through the show forever,” Fuller House executive producer and The X Factor U.K. creator Simon Fuller told the Sun.
Funeral arrangements have not been finalized.